Thursday, November 18, 2010

Wearing labels in your days


I had the amazing opportunity to know about and go to Uplate in James St Brisbane last night, sponsored and promoted by Grazia. There were goody bags at every store with champagne and nibbles here and there.

There were ladies dressed up and dressed over, photographers, film crews, lights, music and loads of girls getting on with some real retail therapy.. It gave me a great opportunity to check out what the big labels are doing and I kind of feel I am holding my own. I saw a couple of ladies in my frocks, corset and others, so I felt rather chuffed on that front too.. There are some great shops in that area and everyone was having a great night of fun..

When it comes to buying labels don't ever feel like you have to wear it head to toe to be accepted, in or cool. Chanel said always take off the last piece you put on to keep it classy.. We saw plenty of girls labeled up from head to toe and you know what I saw what was lacking was their own slant on how to wear it..

The key is diversifying where you shop.. Buy a little on Etsy, a little at vintage shops, a little at high end stores and buy great staples.. Basic white, black and grey tees, silk cami's, great jackets, cropped or long.. I love kooky shoes, I shop at Wittner - DFO great bargains on real leather shoes, Sole Devotion - James St, or Jean Robe - Emporium.. Of course I am always on the look out for someone new and amazing and that is where the internet keeps me super unique.. There are great shops in the US that send to Australia thank god, and with the exchange rate in our favour for at least a few more months take advantage of that.

There are great little designers out there and it is so cool to support up and coming designers, they work hard, they are passionate and they breathe what they make.. I love seeing labels who have made it and still keep that ethos, Sass and Bide has me excited this season with their take on choral in their range.. FCUK are a little over priced for what they are.. Bettina Liano had some awesome little pieces in there but nothing that I needed.

I did buy a straight leg pair of jeans from Scanlon and Theodore, that is a first for me and I am busting out of my comfort zone by wearing those. I need to wear those with wedges or kitty heels otherwise I look tragic in that.. So after that bit of excitement we went and had our free cocktail from Grazia at the Cru Bar..

That is where we got to do some real people watching, thus coming to the conclusion that little is more and wear for you not for others.. Have fun, keep it stylish and be you, cause that is what you will be the most awesome at.. Those who don't get you aren't for your network of friends trust me hold out for the real people and that is when you will truly blossom.. Style it up..

No comments:

Post a Comment