Monday, November 29, 2010

Wardrobe Staples


Ok we are going to go through the basics of what should be in every wardrobe..
1. Coat - depending on your climate and your body type.. We have no real need for a trench here in Brisbane but in case you are susceptible to the cold one of these is awesome.. Remember to take into account your body type as this will determine the length that you require.. I like a good short Jacket for our climate and when I did live in cold climates I made sure I had a good short but super warm jacket.. It suits me, the apple..
2. Good knitwear.. you have to have one good knit jumper, its great on the not so cold days and can add more vertical lines if you go for the vneck line and wear with a scarf.. I have a pj jumper and an outdoor jumper.. Love them to bits.. Otherwise go for the turtleneck and that too will elongate the neck..
3. A good cocktail dress, for special dinners, events or just cause you want to be glamorous. There is no such thing as being overdressed and it being a bad thing.. A good black wrap dress suits most body types.. If not black then a solid colour of your choosing.. Also if you aren't a frock girl then go for matching tops and bottoms that look like a continuous silhouette.. This will give the same effect as a frock for those dressy opp's.
4. A collared shirt, I am working on a fun one for the range, white would be awesome as you can always add some colour to it with a semi precious stone necklace or some glam silk scarf..
5. The perfect pants - wide leg if it takes your fancy and you love wearing wedges or chunky boots of some persuasion.. Slim fit, it is always flattering to show your shape off somewhere.. If your thighs are the problem area then make sure your top finishes on the line that cuts in the middle of your thigh and it immediately slims that bump.. Make sure you take an honest pair of eyes with you so that they can give you the shove you need to jump out of your comfort zone.. No colluding..
6. Aline skirt, looks great on everyone and is an easy to match with a tee or tailored top..
7. Bootleg pants - It creates lower body balance and I can not praise this cut enough.. I love my denim rolldown pants and my nina and I wear them both weekly, with clogs or ballet flats..
8. Boots - don't go too high unless you feel confident to pull the look off.. Just below the knee is a good look and works with above the knee frocks in winter or shorts.. Chocolate or tan depending on what will go well with your colour palette for your wardrobe..
9. Handbag - A good quality leather handbag in your favourite neutral colour, bone, chocolate, black, it will go with every outfit and look amazing even you are wearing a casual outfit.. Simple style with one decadent piece.. I love my learther bag that I bought from Francesca Rockette at the Young Designer Markets. I use it every other day.. I have vintage bags for my going out events and they mainly cost me between $10 - $20 and I feel amazing cause I have a variety to choose from..
10. Your own signature piece - something that reflects your personal style. Mine is scarves, I love my scarves, I also love statement shoes.. They are what defines me.. they are what I invest in when I want to treat myself.. Keep your eye out for sales if you are willing to chance the piece you are dreaming of..
Enjoy your day..
http://windandwater.myshopify.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment