Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 the next Adventure begins..


There is lots of talk of goals but I have found last year that I kind of lost my way by mid way through the year because I had achieved my goals or the goal posts had changed.. Thus I no longer want that anymore as some of my goals looked so foreign to me by the middle of the year I was wondering what was a I thinking in Jan.. The mind is fickle and to put it under so much pressure in January when your brain is fried from the previous year's crescendo just seems like another chore..
So how bout we instil new principles to live by for the year.. That seems like a doable low pressure thing, then as bright opportunities come up during the year then we can take them and run with them without having guilt of not sticking to the plan we set after a hazy holiday..

So I read a few blogs regularly, will do more this year as I really want to improve my blogging and social media aspect of my business.. And I came across this great little piece of wisdom.. It's the 10 rules to success, I feel it has enough within it to inspire you and to also give you a good structure to work from..

I posted it on my FB page as I am so not tech savvy enough to work out how to link it but will have it on my facebook page soon.. Otherwise I will put an inspiration page on my website..

For me some of the important things I am aiming for is being more present in my relationships with my family and friends.. Heading up north or making more phone calls home and being relaxed when my kids come home from school and being ready with some fun projects for us to do.. Putting more effort into making life within the home a lot more fun and enjoying the simple life..

Also with my business, spending more time designing and getting into the fun of it all. Rather than it being a business to me it is a creative process and I have lost a bit of that in 2011.. So getting back to designing and getting into handmade circles that is where I am going..

I'm very excited about this year as I feel I have a much more balanced outlook.. Starting the year with a stroll..

See you soon,

Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment