Thursday, October 14, 2010

Body Types - Apple

Ok I am going to start with Apple as that is my shape and I have a good insight into this one.. First how to determine if you fit this profile the easiest way to work this out is to measure yourself. So if your bust and hips are pretty close in measurement and there isn't too much difference in those for your waist.. Then you are an Apple. You will find that your neckline and your legs are you assets and the point of focus that you should look to enhance in your clothing choices..

Now these are just guidelines, everyone is different both in lifestyle and personality so play with it and make the data fit you and not the other way round.. Also stop and take a moment to see whether fear is stopping you from stepping out and changing your wardrobe just a little more dramatically than you would. I always buy something out there and leave it in my wardrobe till I feel comfortable enough from looking at it enough that I can bring myself to wear. Also cause I have visualised how I can wear it, thus making sure I have what I need to make that piece work for me..

Make sure you blend up wearing plains and prints so that you can define a top and bottom, giving you a silhouette.. Start with good lingerie because if everything is being held in its proper place underneath then everything you put on top is going to look awesome just because your anatomy is where is meant to be..

Ok so we want to create a waist cause we don't really have one naturally. So wide belts or work upwards and accentuate the empire line, under the bra.. Vneck line tops or wrap tops are great, boat neck tops are also good as any woman no matter what size can show off their neck and it immediately adds some pizazz.. If you are going to wear a tee make sure it is long enough and also with some detail in the front, no clinging necessary.. Also loose tops belted with a wide belt with a straight leg or narrow leg pant will show off the leg and define a waist..

Jackets that are tailored and nip in the waist are also great for this shape. No capes or swing jackets, its all about showing shape on the top and showing the legs either by an above the knee length in skirts and frocks or pants that show of the shape of your leg. Remember there is no need to cling, dress for your age and occasion..

Work with this and have a play. Don't take it too seriously and step outside your comfort zone..

No comments:

Post a Comment